Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Least Favorite Customers

My least favorite customers are the ones who yell and complain, and ask for managers. The ones who act like you are incompetent because you are following something silly like a store policy or a federal law. The people who can't be real people, because they are too angry, too demanding, and too loud. I had one of those customers yesterday, and she yelled until a manager said to give her what she wanted. Then, when I didn't read her mind and give her the refund exactly how she wanted it, she ordered me to get the manager back again. A second manager even had to come over to help undo the previous transaction, because it was hard to concentrate with all of the yelling. What I learned is that in customer service these are the people you have to help, simply because you want them to leave. You want the screaming to stop. You want this person who doesn't remember that you are even human to get out of your face. You want the person to leave your store where you hope all of her displaced anger will cause her to spontaneously combust into a fire ball in the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment