Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Basket Case

Things were kind of slow at the Customer Service Counter where I work, and that was okay with me, as I was all alone. Then, this woman who ultimately turns out to be a basket case pushes up a cartload of stuff. The first thing she pulls out that she wants to return is a "gift basket". She says, "This is a nice gift, but it's missing the basket!" I examine the shrink-wrapped lotions and dried grass that are in a sense "planted" in an egg carton container that most likely used to have a basket around it. I want to ask the customer if she expects me to believe she picked up the item without the basket intact. Instead, I go through the process of refunding her money.

Next, "Basketta" has men's clothing, about 49 pieces of it. Apparently, this very unobservant woman also didn't realize she was in the men's clothing section, and she purchased a bunch of things for her female friends from there. I want to mention that men and woman's clothing is sized very differently, but she's just saying that she'd never wear men's clothing. I tell her I would, and as I am returning all of her stuff, people are piling up at the Customer Service Counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment