Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Favorites

Today, the 26th of December, was not as bad as I'd anticipated. My favorite customer was the one who was charged too much for a combination pack of shampoo and conditioner. I quickly refunded her the difference, but then discovered she wanted all of her money back for the combo pack. I told someone else that I guess she realized she didn't want to wash her hair anymore!

Oddly enough, another one of my favorites was one of the meanest individuals. She had a total cow because I had refunded the money to her credit card before hearing that she'd rather have store credit. I guess I just didn't see how it was the end of the world, and I really didn't feel my actions were cause for somebody to yell at me. Later, I realized I could have just started over with the refund, but at the time I was just thinking how I thought I was doing what I was supposed to do. Sometimes I have trouble problem-solving when someone is yelling at me.

Speaking of that, it makes me remember the people who said something was labeled one price, and rang up about thirty dollars more. Well, instead of refunding them the difference, I called the department where the thing was from and found out it was the right price. I think if they hadn't been so grumpy and yelling at me, maybe I wouldn't have even called the department. When they heard that they were charged the right amount, they just wanted to return the $200 thing. Part of me was thinking, I should have just refunded the thirty dollar difference to them, but another part was thinking this is what people get when what they express is a bad attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment