Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Not from Our Store, Part II

Today, there was a man who was trying to return something I thought he'd received as an early Christmas gift. This thing makes me laugh, and it makes my kids laugh. I would never in a million years buy this thing for anyone I know, even if he or she begged me for it. But, I do love teasing everyone about it, saying I'm give those to everyone. Anyway, for this reason, I laugh when I see that's what he's trying to return. He immediately tells me he bought it for someone else, and the person didn't want it. Imagine that, I think. Anyway, I try scanning the item, and I determine it is not from our store. The man starts to get agitated, and says how we sell those things in out store. I try to go get one from a nearby display, but they are not the right size. I come back and tell him, I'm sorry but that's not from our store. I try to move on to helping the next customer. I begin the next person's return, and she does have a receipt, but the guy just runs up to the counter and interrupts. He has two boxes of the brand of thing he brought in, that are closer in size to the one he claimed to have bought from our store for someone else. I briefly exit out of the transaction with the woman, and I don't think she'll mind, because I'll make it quick and entertaining. I scan the things he brought up, tell him the price, which is less than what he said, and I then scan his again. I say, those two are from our store, this one is not. You can buy these at different stores, and that one is not from here. He then asks if I'll keep his non-returnable item while he shops. So I do, and everytime I see it until he picks it up, I want to laugh. Because it's a funny thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment