Monday, December 21, 2009

Policy

If a policy isn't followed, does it exist? In the case of customer service, if a company or store has policies, these can only survive if individual employees understand them and practice them. Should a person be denied a refund just because another individual can't imagine someone buying that many high-priced do-hickeys, and not saving a receipt? Or, should a refund without a receipt only be allowed within a certain price range? At first, I was following suit of other customer service employees who turned people without receipts away. Then, after talking to management, I realized I can just follow store policy up until the point where my superiors have to override or approve things. At that point, the decisions are up to management. If I handle things this way, I will be more objective, and less judgemental.

No comments:

Post a Comment